Tuesday, March 30, 2021

I hope it isn't tornado season

I got up about 7:45, having slept ok. I made lemon water, checked on the worms, and spritzed the mushroom block. I dumped out the water and added new for all the things sprouting in jar lids. I searched for the bag of maskmaking supplies, but could not find it anywhere. I finished a mask using elastic and nose wire cut from a medical mask. I put it in an envelop and wrote several monthly checks.

When I went outside to mail them, I was greeted by great gusts of WIND!!! I bundled up and walked to the post office to mail the checks and mask, and to buy more stamps. The clerk and I talked about worms, then I braved the wind again to get home.

Now that my battery tester was back in business, I tested the old batteries, and put the backing on. I cleaned up all the battery packages and scooped all the good stuff back into the battery box and put it away. And there was the bag of mask supplies! Sigh.

I watched videos about fungus gnats. One recommended Mosquito Bits, which contain BT. So does BT corn which is GMO. I wondered if that was a good thing to use on vegetable plants. I meditated with Deepak, but the sound of the wind beating against the doors and windows kept me from relaxing. I did the next meditation with headphones to block out the sound. I started making breakfast and Chris came home for lunch. I mentioned that the wind was so strong it had me worried. He said it was no more than 45 mph. After he left, my tapping buddy called. We tapped together for the state of the world.

I chose a piece of origami paper from the generous supply that Karen and William sent me. I practiced folding a cross, the took a pic for the next class. I should have posted it right away, but figured I would do it later.

I looked at videos on biochar, and DIY auto-watering systems for plants. The wind died down. I heated fish for supper and made a salad. Chris came home and made his supper. I looked at soil amendments and net pots online. Then at 8:30, I made my evening tea, and we watched a couple minutes of Irregulars, but Chris didn't like it, so then we watched two episodes of The Indian Detective. He seemed quite enamored of it.

I read a few articles to clear out an e-mail, then posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: