Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Moving Day

I did not take the bedtime supplement last night, but I did sniff lavender with my left nostril and put on the mp3 headphones. I slept pretty well. I did not hear Chris get up, but I did hear Reveille and my alarm. I got up about 8:30 to start my day.

I rinsed the sprouts, and made lemon water. I checked the worms but they were fine. The mushroom spores were growing in the oyster container, but I did not see any in the other.

I read by the Happylight, then my phone rang. I did not catch it in time, but I think it was a spam call by the number. I saw a message from my credit card company asking if I recognized certain transactions. One was unfamiliar so they cut off the card. I called the company and they gave me the number for the quilting company who made the charge for the transaction in question. I called and learned that it was something I had signed up for a year ago at a special price and it was renewing at the regular price. Having cleared that up, I had to then get the cc company to pay the second charge which they had denied because they didn't recognize the first one. It took longer than it should have, but there was no survey for me to register a complaint.

Because of all this, I was late dialing in to the Zoom call with the Tooele quilt group. I enjoying sitting in and seeing what kind of quilts and projects they do. I got the feeling this was their first Zoom call.

Afterward, I watched a video where an American guy in Japan explains how he can no longer mail packages at the post office without having an on-line account to register the package first. He is in Japan, but it could be a harbinger of things to come in other countries as well. They mentioned smart dust at the end and I had to look it up. I found a Forbes article detailing the benefits, and also the ptential risks if it falls into the wrong hands.

I made breakfast and watched several videos on what to plant in case of a crisis. I guess it depends on what kind of climate you have, but on the list were potatoes, beets, kale, peas, squash, corn, beans, cabbage, sweet potatoes, carrots, and lentils. I decided to upgrade the living conditions of the worms. I took a plastic bin and poked holes in it with a hot metal chop stick. Then I layered ripped paper, dirt, a blend of egg shells and lemon peels, and finally the worms - with all their previous bedding and food.

It was a nice day so I did not need a coat outside. Since it was windy, it still felt a little chilly. I walked to the garden, and switched out the tops of the buckets. I picked up some tree bark along the way. I picked up a package at the post office, ran into Brian on the way home. After a chat, he gave me a gopher trap. He showed me how to set it and I tried it. But when I got home, it didn't work. I had to look it up online.

I read some e-mail, then worked on getting Qortal to run. The OS is still trying to keep it from running. I snacked while participating in a Zoom call with the Rocket City Modern Quilt Guild. The president usually leads the meeting, but she had technical trouble and was dealing with a temporary (hopefully) case of Bell's Palsy, which is unusual in one so young.

I had some fish after it was over. I watched a long tapping video from a self-help summit, and then we watched two episodes of Lupin. I brushed my teeth afterward and swished while looking at another article. Catherine Austin Fitts wrote the Family Financial Disclosure Form for COVID-19 Injections, a downloadable form families can use to assess the potential financial risks of being injured by a COVID vaccine.

It was getting late so I concentrated on getting my blog post written so I can get ready for bed.

* The worms moved out of their cardboard box into a shiny new bin *

No comments: