Monday, March 1, 2021

Extra crispy

Last night I took half a supplement, a sniff from the sleep jar, and put on my headphones. I remember taking them off when the track ended, but then I slept really well for awhile. I woke up in the middle of the night. I fell back asleep, woke again when either Chris' alarm went off or the trumpet played. I dozed again and got up sometime after my alarm went off.

I started my day with lemon juice. Since the sun was coming in so strongly through the kitchen window, I sat and read a book by the Happylight. I learned that Jacob married Rachel only a week after marrying Leah. And Laban treated him very unfairly throughout their lives together.

I washed the dishes in the sink, and put away the ones in the dishdrainer. I emptied the food waste dish. I changed the water in the small lids where vegetable tops were growing. I wrote some checks for this month and put them in envelopes. At 10:30 I headed to ACS and dropped the checks into the mail. When I got to ACS, knocked on Greg's door, but there was no answer. I went outside and waited for about 10-15 minutes, then went back inside and knocked again. Again, no answer. I saw a tall kiosk by the library with a sign that said those books needed a good home. So I looked through them and chose one to take home.

When I got home, I tapped for disappointment, then did the tapping meditation that went with last night's episode. I made breakfast and ate it. Chris came home. I told him what happened and he, asked me to file an ICE report. I was reluctant so he suggested I call Greg and arrange another time. Chris went back to work and sent me Greg's number.

In the meantime, I read e-mail and learned about the Ubuntu Liberation Movement where they are looking for one small town for a cooperative experiment. Chris called to say the Greg gave the headphones to Rusty. I made seed crackers, refilled some of the participating mixes, then went to ACS to see Rusty. He gave me the headphones, and we talked a long time about current events and gardening. He told me the average date of last frost here is in June. Bummer!

When I got home, I immediately took the seed crackers out of the oven. They were a little crispy. I put rocks in the bottom of a plastic container and covered them with paper and dirt mixed with potting soil. I put rocks in the outdoor food waste bucket to keep it from blowing away.

I heated supper in the toaster oven. I made a small salad with sprouts and cut-up beet greens. I listened to Day 8 of the tapping summit while piecing puzzles. When I closed my eyes, I saw puzzle pieces! I made my evening drink and we watched two episodes of Voyagers. I got dressed for bed, and then posted to my blog.

No comments: