Saturday, March 27, 2021

Weather changes

I slept ok, but not as well as the previous night. I got up about 8:30. I made lemon water, and checked the worms and seedlings. I used the MindPlace device, then read by the Happylight Chris had the router on, so I sat down to check e-mail. I watched several meditation-type videos.

Aroun 11:30, I started making breakfast. I read e-mail as I ate. As 2 rolled around, I got up to check the grocery list. Chris took a shower and then he was ready to go. It was about 48 and sunny as we left base. But when we got to Tooele, it was snowing and below freezing. We shopped at the usual three places and the dollar store. Is it sad that a trip to the dollar store seems like a special treat?

When we got back to base, it was sunny and over 50. We stopped at the post office to pick up the mail. Then we took the groceries home and unpacked. I took a walk around the neighborhood looking for discarded drink bottles, but for once there were none. I could see piles of dirt that large trucks had brought to fill in where the houses had been demolished. A small dirt mover was parked in one lot.

When I got back, Chris was cooking supper: fish, mushrooms, rice. I made a salad. I looked for instructions for paperfolding a cross. I want it as a project for the Saturday before Easter. I followed one set of directions, but after putting in a lot of work, there was a step I could not figure out. So I went looking for videos. They were complicated. There was one that seemed doable, but it involved cutting the square of paper. Although not ideal, it isn't a dealbreaker either.

I watched some videos that Denise sent me. One was about the freighter in the Suez canal. In another Dr. Lee Merrit talked about mask myths. One study showed masks filter only the biggest particles and those don't contain live virus. It is the aerosolized ones that are infectious and they get through. A Korean study showed coughing transmitted virus into culture dishes whether the person was masked or not. Another study showed the viral particles traveled up to 27.2 feet by just breathing.

I put away the fish and mushrooms. I heated tea as Chris put away the rice. We watched three episodes of Warehouse 13. Then I brushed my teeth, and watched a few short videos before posting to my blog and going to bed.

* I grew these pea sprouts myself *

No comments: