Sunday, March 14, 2021

The mushroom house

I didn't sleep well after doing all the right things. I don't know what the problem was. But I slept in the morning, and dreamed that I had brain surgery without anesthesia and fell asleep during it. When I woke up (but still dreaming) they told me I could go home. But I was dizzy and weak, which did not bother them. I sat around watching kids who were doing gymnastic moves, which just made me dizzier. I woke up for real before I left the medical place.

After I woke up for real, I ruminated for awhile, then got up to make lemon water, spray the worms, and changed the water in the windowsill garden. I noticed it had snowed overnight. I read a book with the Happylight on. Then I read e-mail.

It was after 11 tht Chris offered me a massage. I accepted, and afterward took a shower while Chris started the laundry. Then I made and ate breakfast. I looked at pincushion ideas to find one (or two) for the project next week. There was a cute mushroom pic on Pinterest, but when I clicked to look at it, Pinterest told me it violated their community guidelines. I took a break to make a batch of seed crackers. While they were baking, I cut up two boxes, and boiled the cardboard. I also used boiling water to sterilize two plastic containers. It warped them, but not too badly.

I was going to go for a walk, but Faye called. So I talked to her and Dad for awhile. Then I put on my shoes and went to the post office for the mail, which was slight. When I got back, the cardboard had cooled somewhat. I layed the cardboard in the plastic containers and put tiny pieces of mushroom ends in each layer. I labeled the boxes with the type of mushroom and put them in a dark place. I gave some of the extra cardboard to the worms.

I heated some fish, bok choy, and mushrooms for supper. I finished the notes from Dr. Schmidt-Krueger, but couldn't find a pic to go with it. I listened to a summit while piecing puzzles, then stopped at 9 to make my evening drink.

We dressed the bed, then watched the very last episode of Community. Afterward, we tried an episode of The One, which is about dating matches made by DNA. It was ok, but I am not hooked on it.

No comments: