Thursday, April 15, 2021

Big decision

I slept ok, and did not use the mp3 headphones even though they were around my neck. I got up around 8. I walked around watering and checking. I swept up baby gnats. There was one dead worm on the floor. I made coffee and did lymph exercises. I did a lot of meditating and tapping.

Then Faye called. She said she had to decide where to put Dad next: at home with 24 hr nursing, or a rehab facility for 3 weeks. The doctors did not expect his sleepiness and weakness to improve. They said he has undiagnosed parkinsons and they canceled the EEG. I thought the facility sounded like it would give Faye a bit of a break. Then I called Al and Cecily. She said both her mother and his mother slept a lot just before they died. I called William and Kurt.

I had to hang up with Kurt to make a 2pm meeting to hand off some sprouts. I got dressed and went to the pavilion, but no one came. It was cold, windy and threatening rain. I left after 10 minutes. I put on a talk about container gardening while I cleaned the kitchen, then I took a shower. I also sorted the recycling and took out what I could not use for planting or sprouting.

I called Faye. I talked to Dad a little, but the only words I understood were “your sister and I “. I looked up sinemet, which Dad was now taking, and one of the main effects is sleepiness. After the call, I watered both compost piles and put compost tea on the flowerbed. I made breakfast for supper, and listened to a recap of the latest news. I hunted for a bag of cinnamon for Chris's shaker, but we were out, so I ordered more, plus some other supplements. I looked through my blog and then my Pinterest page and then computer files for a pic of a stuffed egg for this weekend. I ate pistachios while reading an article, then made tea. We watched 4 episodes of In SearchOf, and went directly to bed.

No comments: