Thursday, April 8, 2021

Time to pick

I got up just after my alarm went off. I made coffee and did exercises designed to get lymph moving. I put on the CD line-up. I meditated and tapped for over an hour. Then I cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen. I also vaccuumed here and there.

The oatmeal container was now full of coffee grounds and tea bags. I put it all on a baking sheet and put it in the oven to sterilize it. I sat on the porch and pounded charcoal into small pieces, getting myself black in the process. I took a shower and put on clean clothes. I walked to the post office and came home with several packages and some ads. One package had a cable to hook up the laptop to the stereo so the laptop sound would come through the speakers. But no sound came out. I called William, but he didn't know what the problem was. I meditated with Deepak. I watched a number of mushroom videos, to find out how to get the pink oyster mushroom to keep growing. I added coffee grounds to mushroom houses that I made weeks ago. And I made some more, using scrapings from the oyster mushroom's substrate.

I watered compost piles and gave them some compost tea. I made breakfast and started to eat. Chris came home, made his supper, and watched Michele game online with her friends. Since the pink mushroom really needed to be picked, I asked Chris to cook it for me. He fried it in bacon fat with another container of mushrooms. It tasted great. He told me that a lady he works with wants to talk to me about plants and that I should call and schedule a time with her.

I listened to an interview while piecing puzzles. It was almost 9 when I made tea. We watched three episodes of In Search Of. Then I finished the interview and pieced more puzzles. Finally, I made myself post to my blog, check the plants and worms, and go to bed.

No comments: