Sunday, April 4, 2021

Easter!

I slept ok last night, just worried about getting up so early. I heard Chris' alarm go off and 5:30 and he got up. I guess he got on his laptop. I went back to sleep. He woke me at 6:34. It took me only a few minutes to muster the will to get up. It was dark outside. I washed up and put on pants. Usually I would wear a dress on Easter, but it was going to be cold (45).

I put on my warmest coat and got a scarf. It was dark as we drove up to the chalplains house on Commander's Hill. Two seats were saved for us up front. After the opening prayer, daylight was much increased and I felt so much better. We sang some unfamiliar songs. Then the chaplain read a scripture from Luke which talked about taking your seat at the lower end of the table so that you may be moved up by the host. The sun came out from behind the clouds right near the end of the sermon. Afterward, the chaplain's wife invited us all (maybe 10) to come in for coffee and tea. Jenni and I followed her in. Then some other people came. We stood around chatting. Everyone with a cup had their mask off. So apparently the virus can tell who has a cup and who doesn't. Smart virus.

Eileen showed me the flowers coming up around her house. Then Chris, John and I left, and we were the last. When we got home, I started a loaf of bread at Chris' request. Then I whipped up a batch of seed crackers, and made more mix while they baked. I unpicked stitches in the mask Eileen gave me. I took out the short elastic and put in longer pieces. I stitiched it back up and thought it looked better than before.

I deleted e-mail while listening to the Easter service in Huntsville. Then I made breakfast. Afterward, I listened to a meditation by Deepak. William called to tell me he was getting rid of some of the dining room chairs. I called Faye to talk to Dad, but he didn't want to talk and he was making less sense than usual. I went back to my sewing room and finished a couple of grow bags with handles.

It was about 5 and still such a nice day. I put on shorts and went over to Coyote Run to gather up more wood chips. This time I took them straight to the garden. I also added two gallons of water to the compost tea and spread some. Technically I had done what I set out to do, but the gettn' was so good that I went back for more. I raked up another box and tubfull. Then I went home to get cardboard. I had to strip the tape off of some boxes and cut them open. Then Chris went with me to the garden to lift the box and the tub.

When we got back, I had some corned beef for supper. I listened to an interview while doing puzzles. I started looking at memes on Telegram. I made tea, and we watched three episodes of In Search Of. Then I brushed my teeth and sat down to compose my blog post. I got caught up reading memes on Telegram again. Finally I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: