Sunday, April 4, 2021

Raking Coyote Run

Chris was already up when I got up. I spritzed the mushrooms and the worms. I made lemon water. I read from a book called The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. I brushed my teeth and swished while deleting a bunch of old e-mails. The power went out. Chris called around to see what was going on. The power came back. More calls. Then he gave me a massage. Afterward, he showered and then I did.

I made breakfast and read e-mail. I posted to my blog for yesterday. I threw some things together in a bag and went to the chapel. Although it was a warm day, the fellowship hall was cold, so I turned the heat on. I took some purple and white fabrics from a bag and cut strips. Johnnie and Eilleen came. We worked and chatted. No one did the project. After Johnnie left, I talked to Eileen until she left. Then I picked some plastic bottles out of the trash so I could put plants in them. I went to garden to add a gallon of water to the compost tea and spread some on the ground.

I came home and unloaded my project stuff. I put a box and a tub and a rake in my car. I drove over to Coyote Run where there was a smear of wood chips. I raked up enough to fill the box and the tub. When I got home, Chris emptied them for me in the back yard. I heated supper in the toaster oven and meditated. I ate supper, and read e-mail. I remembered that I forgot to go to the post office, so I jumped up and did that. I came back with a box of chicken droppings. It's good to have friends in farm places.

I ate a small salad and finalized some garden amendment orders. I made tea, and we watched one episode of Warehouse 13, and then one episode of In Search Of. I put my laundry away and helped Chris make the bed. Then I cleared more e-mail, before posting to my blog and going to bed (after the obligatory checking of the worms and mushrooms.) Tomorrow will be an early day.

* This is from the soil class *

No comments: