Monday, April 5, 2021

And it seemed like such a nice day

Last night I checked on the worms and the food seemed low so I sliced up some banana peels. Then I took half a supplement and went to bed. I slept ok, but a piece of film falling from the window woke me up. I thought I heard Chris sleeping beside me, but also there was activity in the common area. When I felt beside me, there was no Chris. I went back to sleep, and Reveille woke me up. I didn't really go back to sleep after that.

I got up after 8. I drank a bunch of water, then checked on the worms, the mushrooms, and all the plants. I think the beet and the bok choy aren't going to make it. Then I started the lemon water at 8:30. I brushed my teeth and read the book for half an hour. I drank distilled water and turned on the router. I looked for sticky traps online, but couldn't avoid Amazon. I made a fly trap out of vinegar and soap. I potted a tomato clipping that rooted.

I listened to an interview while laying out two weeks worth of supplements. I read that TSA can (and does) confiscate cash from some travelers without charging them with a crime. The TSA has never caught a terrorist. The power went out during the interview, but I didn't notice until it was over. I called Chris and let him know. I made breakfast and the power came back on. It went off, and back on again. But the internet did not come back up. Chris home made lunch. Then the internet came on.

I watered both compost piles. It was such a nice day that I walked around and picked up a volcanic rock. When I got back, I sewed another grow bag. Then the wind got stong and gusty. I made myself go to the garden where I spread some of the compost tea on the soil and added some chicken droppings to the bucket. I thought about raking but it was just too windy. When I got home, I read e-mail, but had to keep running outside to catch stuff blowing around.

As I heated supper, I listened to an interview with virologist Knut W: the new vaccines are ok but we don't really understand the nanoparticle technology. Vaccines aren't the way out of this crisis because they come too late then we have variants. One way out is to decrease co-morbidities. Lockdowns increase comorbidities. Another way is to reduce number of cells that get infected, perhaps by nutrition.

Chris told me the wind advisory was over 35mph until tomorrow morning. I made tea and we watched three episodes of In Search Of (season 5). We could hear the wind gusting outside. Then I dozed on the couch for a while before getting up to brush my teeth and write this blog post.

* The sun is so strong that it makes a mild day look like a heat wave. *

No comments: