Thursday, April 29, 2021

Replacing peat

I slept ok last night, without help from the headphones. They blink the whole time I am listening and it might be disturbing Chris. I was doing mental programming when the alarm went off at 7:30.

Being Wednesday, it was meditation morning: coffee, exercises, rebounding, tapping, etc. Afterward, fueled by caffeine, I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I was still cleaning when Chris came home. He turned on the router, made a sandwich, put it in a baggie and took it to work with him. I showered and put on jeans because today is Denim Day, in support of people who have experienced sexual assault. I put on my earthing sandals and watered plants and grass outside. There was nothing in the trap and no more signs of gopher predation on my lettuce.

I checked e-mail and started watching news and health videos. I went outside to fill the baby gopher holes with rocks and dirt. I went back to e-mail until Retreat at 5. Then I went to the garden to lay out the big cardboard box and cover it with woodchips. It was a little too windy to rake up more. I also added some chicken manure to the bucket of compost tea. On the way home, I stopped in Coyote Run for wood chip fluff. Someone on the internet suggested it could be used in place of peat moss. When I got home, I made potting soil, then gathered up more fluff in the area behind my yard.

I listened to Day 2 of the sleep summit. I made breakfast and was eating it when Chris came home from work about 7. We discussed plants: the beet tops planted in vermiculite are sprouting already and one of the sugar cane sections is growing roots. Later I watched a video on de-Googling your phone. Then I made tea and we watched 4 episodes of In Search Of: Jericho, the ultimate disaster, Bishop Pike, life before birth.

I read and deleted a bunch of e-mails, then concentrated on my blog post so I could call it a night.

* I didn't take any pics today so here is a screen-shot from a video called "Do vaccines make us healthier?". It compares health outcomes in vaccinated vs unvaccinated children in one pediatric practice.

No comments: