Saturday, April 10, 2021

And the unexpected happens

I did not sleep well last night because of the hot flashes. We stayed in bed until 8:30. As soon as I got up, Faye called to say she was in the emergency room with Dad. She took him because he was too weak to stand up, but the hospital could find nothing wrong with him. I called William and Kurt to let them know.

I checked e-mail and read articles until breakfast (for lunch). I made and ate breakfast and meditated. I added items to the grocery list. I swept up gnats, then emptied the vacuum cup. I did not see any dead bodies. Patrick called to tell me that he thought Dad wasn't sleeping well.

Chris packed the cooler and we went to Tooele, listening to the same book on CD as always. We deposited a check, then went to Home Depot. I needed potting soil but could not resist a few plants. I also got more charcoal and a fivee gallon bucket. Then we went to Lucky's. At Melanie's, they only had one thing I needed, but a lady was offering free Bemer treatments so I accepted. It is supposed to increase blood flow. I noticed tingling in my toes right away. It was relaxing, but I wanted to see how I felt later. A friend of hers who does Foot Zone therapy told me how much Bemer helped with her migraines. She offered me foot zone therapy in exchange for EFT sessions.

Finally we went to Macey's for the last of the groceries, then went back to base. We stopped at the post office and picked up a package of soil amendments (called Boogie Brew). Once home, we brought in the food and bags of garden soil. I watered the compost piles. I heated some potatoes for supper. Chris made me a mushroom and cheese omelet. After supper I went to the garden. I dispersed some compost tea on the soil, and added a gallon of water for next time.

I posted to my blog for yesterday, then looked up foot zone therapy. I made tea, and we watched 4 episodes of In Search Of. After brushing my teeth, I wrote my blog post for today.

No comments: