Sunday, April 18, 2021

Practice makes perfect

I got up about 7:45, thinking it was much later because Chris had been up for awhile. I checked all the plants and worms, added water where needed. I was going to put the strawberry plant out, but it was still cold outside. I checked the trap, but it caught nothing. I read a book and did the lemon water protocol.

It was time to get ready for class. I looked for my book on how to teach sewing. I looked for spirals online. I found one and e-mailed it to myself. Then I turned on the desktop computer. It was a fight to get it up and running. Then Yahoo wanted me to sign in, but I had forgotten my password. So Chris had me e-mail him the pic and he signed in and printed it out. He had to do it multiple time to get it centered without cutting off any edges. I took them all.

I looked up pattern pieces for a stuffed egg. I laid paper over my laptop screen and traced one. I cut it out and traced it on thicker paper to make two pattern pieces. Then I went to my fabric room to pull scraps of fabric big enough to use. I made a pile and put it in a bag.

Chris gave me a massage. Then I relaxed while he took a shower. Then I took a shower and got dressed. I made and ate breakfast. I packed up my machine and one in the closet. Chris put them in my car. I drove to the chapel and moved my stuff inside. The kids and their mother were arriving just then. I set up the machines but did not thread them. I had them sew on the spiral (it was a double!) with just the needle. Jenni came around then. She wanted to make an egg, too. So I let her sew a spiral while I had the girls tracing egg pieces. Then the mother wanted to try the spiral too. I helped the girls sew their egg pieces together, but they did the stuffing and whipstitching. Jenni did well by herself. The familly went home and Jenni helped me move my stuff to the car. I locked the chapel and we went home.

Chris was not home, so I unloaded the machines myself. I drank liquid some tea and coconut water. I read articles in e-mail. Suspects from the Jan 6 incident were being banned by judges from accessing the internet. Seems like a cruel and unusual punishment.

I went out to Coyote Run to rake up wood chips. They were a little damp still from the rain yesterday, which made them heavier than before. Even though I did not fill the box and the tub as much, it was a lot harder to move them. But somehow I managed to do it without pulling my back. I put compost tea on the garden and dumped the containers of wood chips. I went home, but there was still no Chris. I called him, and he was at the office.

I put the last of the fish in the toaster oven. I took food scraps out to the compost. The dead gopher was still on top of the pile. I came in and watched episodes from the superpower summit while the fish heated. Chris came home and made his supper. I listened to something from the sleep summit, then washed three small apples and made tea. I ate two of them waiting for Chris. We watched 4 episodes of In Search Of. One I had seen before, but it was new to Chris. I think he slept through it the first time. Afterward we made the bed with fresh sheets. Then I posted to my blog and got ready for bed.

No comments: