Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Fellowship hour

Sunday I woke early, hearing the sprinklers slap against the back porch. I got up to check out the plants on the back porch and went back to bed. Later I got up and my back hurt, so Chris cleared the brown chair for me and I sat against a heating pad, which really helped. I checked some of the mountain of snail mail near the chair. Chris helped set up my laptop so I could clear e-mail and read some. I wanted to follow my Sunday morning protocol, but I could not remember it.

He gave me a coconut oil massage, then I took a shower and got dressed for church. Chris showed me the plants in the flowerbed. One kale died, another is being eaten by bugs. The red lettuce looks good and the broccoli is building a head.

At 10:45, we drove to the chapel. We were the first, other than Sgt King. He could not find the guest chaplain. A new family arrived. Chris introduced himself and me. Then Jenni came so we talked. Rusty came over to offer an old, heavy, cabinet model sewing machine that he found in a house he had just cleaned (for checkout). I was interested, but not excited about a super heavy machine. But Jenni wanted it, so that was good. We talked for awhile longer. The guest chaplain arrived about 11:45, saying he had been taken to the wrong place, and stuff happened. He invited us to follow him to another building where he was going to preach at noon. But I don't think any of us did. We concluded our conversations and went home.

I made and ate breakfast. I jotted some notes for the past few days, but then stopped to water the plants outside. (Plants dehydrate so quickly). I watered the inside ones again. I put on a bathing suit and laid out in the sun. The neighbor's dog barked at me the whole time. Then I laid on the bed and took a nap. I re-dressed and went back to jotting notes. I was reading e-mail when Chris finished his afternoon gaming session and asked me to cut his hair. I did, but was not satisfied with it. Thinking about the garden, I put batteries in the water timer and set it. But then it was time for supper. Chris had a roast in the oven and carrots in the steamer. After supper, I spent hours dealing with gopher mounds. I came in about 8:30 knowing the sprinklers would come on at any moment. I watered the compost pile which is situated in a dry spot

We watched three new episodes of Lucifer on Netflix. We made the bed with fresh sheets. I typed up blog notes, and posted for Friday and Saturday. Then I went to bed.

* An old photo I found on Dad's thumb drive. These are my mom's parents. *

No comments: