Saturday, June 26, 2021

The diagnosis

I got up too late for the lemon protocol. I watered the plants indoors and out. I read e-mail. Chris got a call while he was in the shower. I carried the phone back there. He was informed that someone on base lost their sister (after losing their mother and brother). He got dressed and went to the office.

I finished what I was doing on the computer and went outside to dig up gopher mounds. I quit in time to make and eat breakfast by noon. Chris came home just before that. I packed the cooler and we went to Tooele. He dropped me off at Melanie's and went shopping alone. I went inside, where I met Sophia. She said her mother let the chickens go so she did not have any eggs for me. I went back to see the acupuncturist and TCM practitioner with whom I had an appointment. I thought she would make a diagnosis based on my nails and eyes and tongue. But the lighting was not very good. She felt my pulse in both wrists several times as we talked about symptoms and such. She decided in the end not to treat me until I produced a list of all the supplements I am taking and why. So I paid her and made an appointment for next week.

I bought some coconut milk and almonds at the front desk, then went outside to find Chris. I had to call and then I saw him. I climbed in the car and we went back to Dugway. Since I did not have eggs, we stopped at the commissary. He dropped off a condolence card at the shoppette. Then we went to the post office, but found nothing, and went home. We brought in the groceries. I made seed crackers with the eggs. While they were baking, I made more mix for next time.

Then I went outside to resume gopher mound patrol. I moved the trap to another hole. While my back was turned, a gopher buried the trap. Aha! I redid the trap and covered the hole with a bucket. Later I lifted the bucket and pulled out a dead gopher. I got Chris to carry it away. I reset the trap in the hole and covered it again. I dealt with other mounds and holes, plugging some with dog droppings. When I looked up, the trap was unsprung and another mound appeared 2 feet away.

I heated some leftover beef. I picked lettuce leaves for a salad. I scrubbed the window of the back door. I ate the meat and then salad. I made my evening drink and we watched the last episode of Warehouse 13. I checked on the sprinklers. Then we watched an episode of Quantum Leap. I published a blog post and wrote up the events of today.

* This chart shows rates at which vaccinated and unvaccinated people contracted the delta variant in England. With a little math, you can see that the vaccinated crowd was more likely to die from delta than the unvaccinated crowd. *

No comments: