Saturday, June 26, 2021

Gopher mounds abound

The first thing I remembered was hearing Reveille. And then I heard the sprinklers. And then a strange sound … rain. It did not last long. I tried to go back to sleep, but as usual, that did not happen. I got up, drank some water, and went back to bed. Still did not sleep. I got up again at 8. I made the lemon juice solution. It was too wet to go outside, so I turned on the router and watched informational videos. I listened to a man playing Waltz of the Flowers on accordion. I tried to make seed crackers, but discovered that the eggs in the fridge were all hardboiled.

I dispersed some gopher mounds on the shady side of the house. I hit the remaining dirt with water to spread it into the grass. It took about an hour.

I made breakfast and ate it while watching The Highwire:

ACIP held a meeting to discuss myocarditis in kids. The rate after vaccination is up to 200x the baseline rate, but the committee ruled to give a second shot even to kids who had trouble with the first one and to kids who had previous heart trouble. Myocarditis is not something that resolves since the heart muscle does not regenerate like the liver and kidneys do. Study from Israel shows more unvaccinated people got delta variant than did vaccinated, but more vaccinated people died of delta than the unvaccinated. The body will attack cells that are making foreign proteins, such as the ones making spike proteins in response to mRNA.

I meant to go back to cleaning up gopher mounds, but it was raining again. Will wonders never cease? So I spent the afternoon watched parts of gopher videos until I decided on the best way to proceed. I placed an order for a Gopherhawk trap. It was either that or the Crittergetter. Where to they come up with these names?

William called. He likes to call while he is driving, and hangs up when he gets home. Chris came home from Mass, then went out to get pizza. When he got back, I was surprised how late it was. I walked to the garden with a tray of straw and charcoal. I fed the plants from the 5 gallon bucket, then added the contents of the tray and a gallon of water. I refilled the gallon jug from the timer's second spout. My plants looked ok, but nowhere near like the plants in other gardens.

When I got home, I picked lettuce and made a big salad. I ate it while we watched two episodes of Warehouse 13. Chris dozed off. Afterward he went to bed and I stayed up just long enough to publish a blog post.

* Compare the numbers in red of the Observed column with the numbers of expected deaths for each age group. This vaccine puts children at risk of myocarditis. *

No comments: