Monday, June 28, 2021

Caught a live one

We slept in till 8:30. I started the Sunday protocol. I composed a letter to my sponsored child on the laptop. I watered the plants, then wrote the letter out on the Plan International stationary and put it in the envelop.

I read about the new Vaxelis 6-in-1 vaccine as a three dose series for 2, 4 and 6 month old infants. Six trial infants died within six weeks, but they claim the vaccine had nothing to do with that and are rolling it out anyway. The control group was given a pentavalent vaccine. Both groups received other vaccines as well. One infant in the control group died. I am surprised only one died. When in nature does an infant have to fight off 5 serious diseases at one time?

I washed up and got dressed for church. I put on shoes with heels. They were not comfortable to walk in, but I hoped they would help with sitting comfortably in the chairs in the chapel. We saw John and his wife walking to church as we drove up. We went inside and spoke to the chaplain. Then we sat and the service started. I did not know most of the songs so I imagined I was playing the air accordion. After the service, I talked to Sue and Diane. Sue said something about nano fertilizers and I wondered how that worked.

We went home and changed our clothes. While I was making breakfast, Chris called his parents. We talked to them for awhile. Then, as I was saying my breakfast prayer, Chris came in with Michele on the phone. So I talked to her for awhile. She is in the middle of another sewing project, and had trouble with a leaky hot water tank. Afterward I ate. I pieced puzzles while listening to an interview.

Chris came in with Faye on his phone. She called to get help with the computer and rebooting was the answer. She talked about her self-eval, biopsy appt, church and sunday school, Patrick, etc.

I went outside to check the trap. There was a live gopher behind it, and I didn't realize at first that its hind leg was caught. I went and got Chris who was still on the phone with Faye. He came out, sized up the situation and dispatched the gopher while I looked away. I reset the trap and covered the hole with a ginger plant. I dug up some gopher mounds and tunnels. Chris cooked ground beef for supper, and had a turkey in the oven. I did not make a salad. I went to the garden and planted one pepper plant. When I got back, I refilled my container of activated biochar and sardines.

I made my evening drink. We watched two episodes of Quantum Leap. Then I watched one episode on my laptop of Kim's Convenience, which Michele recommended. I posted to my blog for yesterday, and read e-mail for awhile before going to bed.

*

No comments: