Monday, June 7, 2021

Sunday lunch

I got up, not feeling well rested at all. I took charcoal and went back to bed and did some tapping. Later I washed up. I turned on the router. I was very emotional and having a meltdown when Faye appeared in the doorway. She left me to shake it off and got on the black laptop. When I heard her speaking in stern tones to it, I came over to see what was up. We determined that she was not in the USER space. When we went there, she was able to access the bible study group. As she sat and listened, I got dressed and ate breakfast.

When it was over, we talked for awhile, then got in her car and went to church. We were instructed to take some playdoh and sit in row 10. The sermon was about the potter and the clay. Faye made a treble sign with hers and I asked her why she was making treble in church. I did not use mine because it would get under my fingernails. After the service, we spoke with others. Faye asked Kevin if he wanted the 286. He did.

When we got to the car, Faye called Asha and we met at Subway for lunch. But that Subway was now closed on Sundays. Maybe since she and Dad were not going there every Sunday, they had little reason to be open. So we drove to Olive Garden. We signed in and talked as we waited. Finally we were seated in a back room. We all got the soup and salad. We really filled up. Asha talked about taking care of her parents up till they died. So we had a lot in common. A really big group was gathering at nearby tables for some sort of celebration, so we left to make more room. Then we stood around talking in the parking lot.

It was after 4 when we got home. Faye and I went for a short walk. Then we talked to Kurt. Michele called for sewing advice. Faye went home to take a nap before she had to work. I set up the new router which was pretty simple. I called Chris to find out how to change the name and password. He said he didn't think we could. I tried again, then called Kurt. We worked it out, and I got three laptops on the system. Patrick came home and accessed the network through his tablet. Everything seemed to be working.

Then I went to the website on the card that came with the new router. It instructed me to connect to the router with an ethernet cable. So I connected the laptop to the router. Some process started and I waited a long time for it to finish. When it did, the router was offline and I got an error messge on my laptop. I could not get it back online. I called the service number but no one answered. I hooked up the old router. That no longer connected to the internet. Finally someone answered. After checking a few things, she told me to connect the ethernet cable from the router to the main box. Well, A) they are on opposite ends of the house, and B) there is no ethernet connection on the main box. She was certain there had to be one, but I could not find it. Finally she told me that a special team would have to call me back in the morning. No internet tonight, so no blog post.

* I found this keyring from a bank in Dad's drawer. *

No comments: