Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Working on forms

I woke up before 7, I stayed in bed until 7:10, took the first supplement and went back to bed, I got up later to wash and get dressed. Faye came over. I ate breakfast while she talked to Asha.

We went to the commissioner at 9. He answered our questions very matter-of-factly. He made it sound easier than we thought it would be. Then we went to the library so Faye could spread out her pile of files and get organized and make notes. Then we went to the courthouse to drop off papers, and then to Subway for lunch. We went to a Wells Fargo with a recent statement and the man could not find anything on it. So he made a copy and 'escalated' it, meaning someone will call us back in 48 hours. But it is TOD, so it won't become part of the estate. Whoever is the beneficiary will have to claim the funds.

We went home to get some papers. I called Metlife and they said they had already sent the forms. Faye got the mail, and there were the forms. At 3:30 we left for Kevin's office, following Faye's gps and getting there just in time. He showed us into his office. We showed him the old stock certificates which are likely worth nothing. He was interested in checking them out (later). With his co-owner, he explained Dad's annuity and what our options were. Later he showed us pictures of his granddaughter, who is really cute! Then we stood in the hall and talked. I ducked into the bathroom to scoop up some water to drink because the water fountain was locked. When the conversation was over, Faye and I went to her car. She called Asha so we could all go out to eat, but it wasn't convenient I guess. So Faye and I went to Subway. Faye got a sandwich and I got a cup of water.

We got home around 7. We looked at the Metlife forms and had questions. I called Chris to see what we should do with the old cars. He sent me pics of my plants, some of which were dead, but most survived. Faye talked to William and Kurt about the cars. I ate some frozen berries and nuts. Faye obsessed over the forms and checks. I watched a short video, then jotted notes for my blog.

* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one from the chicken place over a week ago. *

No comments: