Thursday, June 10, 2021

The accordion

I got up and took a shower. Patrick never did turn the router off last night even though I asked him to. I put a load of towels in the washer. I searched for Dad's underpants (which Chris said we could send to Honduras), but only found t-shirts and undershirts. I selected some t-shirts I thought I could wear (with Faye's approval).

I listened to an interview with Dr. McCullough from Charity United (which issues aid, not paychecks, staffed by volunteers): if there were any chance of reinfection, we would have seen millions of cases. Reported cases don't hold water. This illness is one and done. Vaccine immunity is nowhere close to as good as natural immunity. Those who have recovered have much higher adverse reactions to vaccination. Only one lot number is allowed to be reported in the VAERS system so impossible to track bad lots on the second shot. There is no field for covid-recovered. The Red Cross is no longer accepting convalescent plasma donations from vaccinated people. Children are being peer-pressured to received the vaccine at school. In one study, out of 15 vaccinated peole stopped on the street, a magnet stuck to 6 of them.

I pulled towels from the dryer and folded them. I unloaded the front closet until I could get to the small accordion. I was able to play that, so maybe that is an option for keeping his legacy going. I went through the hall closet, and drawers in the computer room, putting together sheet sets and pulling out linens that passed their useful life long ago. Chris called to talk about how I would feel about moving to Jordan.

I sorted through the rest of the closet, finding old postcards and pictures. Faye came over. We talked a long time, and got rid of the drooping flowers. We looked up stuff on Ebay, but nothing we had was worth much. We both tried playing Dad's accordion. It is just too big, and it needed some parts glued back on. Chris called. His power was out. He answered some questions. Faye went home. I hung up with Chris, then watched part of a video, then another one. I posted to my blog and went to bed. Later I got up to turn the router off. I was very emotional did not sleep well.

No comments: