Sunday, July 11, 2021

Another one bites the dust

I got up at 8:30, feeling fine in spite of having gone to bed late. I made lemon water but the lemon skin was so thick that I did not get much juice out of the pulp. I read outside for half an hour, then read e-mail inside. Around 11, Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. Afterward we talked for a bit. He showered while I made seed crackers. Then I showered while he put turkey and the seed crackers in the oven. After my shower, I made and ate breakfast. I laid out in the sun for awhile.

I moved the trap, then dug up other gopher mounds. I watered grass, and planted some seedlings in the flowerbed. I checked a trap and caught a gopher. I called to Chris, who took it away.

When I came in, I saw that Chris had deboned the turkey and left the bones for me. I picked them clean as I listened to interviews. Chris made supper with the leftover turkey meat and a can of coconut milk curry. After supper I went to the garden with three gallons of water. The water was not back on, but there were new fittings on the broken pipes. I tried to water parts of Rusty's garden but the ground was too hard and dry to soak up the water. I stopped at the post office and picked up a package and a DVD from Netflix. When I got home, I gave the DVD to Chris.

I watered the grass where it needed encouragement on the other side of the house. I made tea and took the food waste out to the compost pile. Then we watched two episodes of Warehouse 13. I fell asleep on the couch, and woke up to post to blog. Then we dressed the bed with clean sheets. I worked on the post for today, then went to bed.

* This is Chris' orange peel. *

No comments: