Tuesday, July 6, 2021

More cleaning - ugh.

We got up late since it was a holiday. I watered the plants and made lemon water. But I did not get to drink it all. After calling Rusty, I went up to the house at 10:30.

He wasn't there yet so I swept the front porch and started cleaning the door. He and his wife arrived with their adopted son. He checked out the bathroom I had cleaned and decided to scrub a little more on the shower surround, getting the floor all dirty again. He said something about the blinds and left. I cleaned the shower unit again. Then he showed me how he cleans the blinds, and I did each bedroom before vaccuuming them. I climbed up on the counters and wiped the kitchen cabinets. I also did the blinds over the sink, which were grimy.

They left, taking a break for lunch. I finished the bedrooms and scrubbed the toilet in the half bath and eliminated some streaks on the mirror. When I was finished, I locked the door and went home. Chris was mowing the lawn. I had a bite to eat. I moved the gopher trap. William called. I talked to him and then to Faye. She is having her biopsy tomorrow and is supposed to bathe with special soap today and tomorrow. I tried soaking a paper towel in white vinegar, then plastering it to the back window for 10 minutes or so. When I removed it and scrubbed, it made no difference to the hard water spots. I rested and read e-mail. Chris did not finish the lawn because the mower ran out of gas. He told me that my electric mower had a bad battery cell and Brian was working on it.

I went back to cleaning the big house around 4:30. I finished sweeping the garage and came home around 7:30. I picked some lettuce and made a salad. I ate it while watching an interview on root canals and non-metal implants. I made my evening drink and we watched two episodes of Quantum Leap. I wrote my blog post for yesterday from the notes I left myself. Then I went to bed.

* This is the sandstorm from yesterday. *

No comments: