Saturday, July 24, 2021

Just what we need

My headphones stopped, again. I fell asleep but kept waking up in the night. I got up around 8, washed up and got dressed. I read outside, then watered the plants, and made lemon water. I glued cardboard circles together to make new tops for the 5-gallon buckets. William called so I talked to him.

Chris called and said AAFES was having a celebration and Jenni was there asking for me. I put on my shoes and drove over to the shoppette. I parked across the street. MWR and AAFES had booths set up outside. It was hot. I sat with Jenni while she ate a free hotdog. I talked to the new colonel and his wife. I sat with Jenni for awhile again then met with the CSM to give her the embroidered names. Jenni and I talked again, and then we left. I drove home.

I made breakfast and ate it while watching The Highwire. They played a clip of Rand Paul giving Fauci a hard time. Dr, McCullough talked about the vaccine and immunity to variants. Afterward, I read e-mail for hours. I saw Kurt had called, so I called him back. William called again while I was talking to Kurt. So I called him back.

Then I had 10 minutes until I was supposed to meet with Nell. I took a break to go outside and water zone 1. But then I noticed a snake lined up under the fence. I tried to take a pic but it slithered away. Nell sent me a Zoom link and I got online to meet with her. We tapped together for over an hour for grief and sadness.

After the call ended, I made a salad for supper, adding in some dandelion from the front yard. I showed Chris the pic of the snake and he said it was a gopher snake. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Quantum Leap. I posted to my blog and read e-mail before going to bed.

No comments: