Sunday, July 25, 2021

Slip sliding away

I woke up early, dozed in and out, then got up late. I made lemon water, and watered the plants. I read outside for half an hour. I sandwiched cardboard circles in plastic and sewed around the edges to make new lids. I fiddled with the embroidery machine to try fonts and see how large it will embroider “Huntsville”. Sadly, it will not go to 8.5 inches. So I turned to the desk top to digitize what I needed. But I could not get it to boot up properly. It kept asking me questions and I guess I chose poorly. I played my trombone for ten minutes or so.

I listened to an interview posted on American Thought Leaders, said we need to have a discussion of whether CDC or FDA has been captured, but such discussions are censored as misinformation. Lack of such discussions lead to conspiracy theories because the imagination runs wild. There is enough evidence of policies aligning more with pharmaceutical interests than with public health interests that we should be concerned.

I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail until Chris came home. He had to go to the office to finish a report and participate in an interview for a job in Maryland. When he got back, we packed the car and went to Tooele. We shopped at Luckeys, the farm stand, Melanies, Macey's and even looked in Harbor Freight for rubber snakes. Nope. I had ordered some from Amazon but I think they are delaying shipments to entice people to enroll in Amazon Prime.

After we put the food away, I went to the garden. I gave extra water to the plants at the end of the line. I also pulled weeds for close to an hour. I got home at 6. Chris had cooked me pork and mushrooms. I made a salad to go with it. Then I washed up and went to the swimming pool, arriving about 7:30. I tried the kid's slide. Jenni thought I was brave. Then we did water exercises until they turned off the music and the water which runs down the slide.

I went home, made tea and finished watching a video. We watched two episodes of Kim's Convenience at Michele's recommendation. It was so-so. Then we watched two episodes of The Bureau of Magical Things. That was better. Chris went to bed while I tried to catch up on e-mail, then went to bed myself.

No comments: