Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Door-to-door vaccine salesmen?

Monday - the headphone battery still low even though it was on the charger all day yesterday. I put it back on, but used a different cord. Then I laid in bed until I fell asleep. I woke up about 7:30. I tried to make lemon water but the first lemon was bad. So I got another one and it was bad, too. I hurt my back getting it out of the fridge so I quit. I sat with my heating pad and read probate instructions.

Later I watered plants, washed dishes, cut up food waste, and read outside. I dug up my gopher trap, and stuck a lollipop in the hole. I also transplanted seedlings to bigger pots and some into the ground. Then I put cash in an envelope, wrote a name on it, put on my shoes, and drove to the shoppette. I handed the envelop to one of the ladies behind the counter, hoping I looked anonymous. Then I went to the library. Sadly, it was closed so I chose a book from the free shelf in the hallway. There was a sign recommending the use of the book drop-off box, but I couldn't find it.

I went home, and started making breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. I checked e-mail. I read an article about Biden wanting to send people knocking on doors to encourage vaccination. This is already happening in NC. But in the comments section there were some interesting questions:

How safe are vaccines traveling door-to-door in heat of summer?

What are the credentials of the people giving that shot?

Are they prepared to handle anaphylactic shock?

If a kid answers the door, will they jab them without getting parental consent?

How do we know if they are really who they say they are?

Why are we jabbing healthy citizens while allowing unhealthy illegal immigrants to cross our borders?

I went to the garden to fertilize the plants. Chris came home from work. He had a splinter so I dug at his big toe with a needle. Then I didn't see anything else, but he thought there was some left. We went to the community club. I cut my finger on his car door handle getting out of the car. I wrapped my finger in a napkin. He introduced me to several people. He ordered food and I sat and watched him eat. Then I reminded him of water aerobics at 7:30. So we left. I changed into my suit and did not have time to eat. I drove to the gym. Jenni and two others were already in the water. I joined in. We did exercises but mostly talked. Then we were shooed out of the pool at 8. I dried off and went home.

I made a salad, and we watched Quantum Leap. I set out a dress for tomorrow, then read some e-mail. I wrote my blog post for yesterday, then got ready for bed.

No comments: