Sunday, July 4, 2021

Baking rolls and brownies

I had a little trouble falling asleep last night, but no hot flashes, so maybe the acupuncture helped. We stayed in bed late. I got up to make lemon water after 8:30. Then I watered all the plants. I had no inclination to go cleaning again. I prepared yesterdays post and jotted notes for today. I called Jamie and told her I wasn't coming to clean. Johnnie invited us over for the 4th. We offered to bring rolls and dessert. I read a book outside, then Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. I showered and finished the lemon protocol while reading e-mail.

I made breakfast, I made a pattern for the project. I watched some cleaning videos and learned how to make vinegar gel. I watched an interview, then packed up. Chris put the machines in my trunk and rode with me to the chapel. Johnnie and Diane came. Eileen dropped by to say hello and bring me some doggie droppings. Diane made the project while we all chatted. Afterward, we packed up. Johnnie helped me put machines in the car. Then I drove home.

I ate half a banana and an orange. I repotted some seedlings to larger containers. I moved the gopher trap. We went to the commissary to get raspberries and blueberries for the brownies. I put ingredients in the bread machine to make dough. Chris whipped up brownie batter and put it in the oven. I went to the garden to plant peppers, but it took longer than I thought because I kept forgetting things. I went back to check on the brownies, then returned to the garden to finish planting peppers. It was depressing to see how big everyone elses plants are and how small mine are.

I divided the dough into rolls and left them to rise. I made and ate a salad, then put the rolls in the oven. We watched two episodes of Warehouse 13 and some bonus stuff on the DVD, stopping now and then to check on the rolls, then take them out and melt butter over them. Chris cut one in half to check doneness. After the shows, I wrote my blog. It was midnight by the time we got to bed.

No comments: