Saturday, July 31, 2021

The big box

I got up soon after Reveille to see the sprinkler in action. I took a pic of what got wet and what didn't. Then I went back to bed.

I got up after the alarm. I drank water, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I made lemon water, watered the plants, and read a book outside. Inside, I read about vinegar water and added some vinegar to my lemon juice. I did feel more energetic after that. I fed the plants at home. I tied a bag around the heads of bolted lettuce to collect seeds.

Chris came home and put fish in the oven. Then he went back to work to have one final lunch with his boss. I listened to an interview with Dr. Breggin while I made breakfast. Then I ate while listening to The Highwire. Fauci said the level of delta in the noses of vaccinated people is same as in unvaccinated people. Even vaccinated people will be asked to wear masks. They are not protected from the delta variant, but those recovering from infection now have widespread immunity.

I laid out in the sun, then walked to the post office. There was a big box for me. I chatted with the clerk. Then I went home and came back with my car. I took box home, and opened it. I had remembered the 6x vinegar and the battery charger, but forgot I had ordered snakes. (I should have been sitting down when I opened the box. )

I read comments on The Highware, and heard rain. I thought a wet day in Utah is like a cold day in hell, but apparently it is not quite so rare after all. Chris came home long enough to take the fish out of the oven. Then he went to Mass. I ate some fish and sprouts for supper. I walked to the garden to place the 4 snakes. I also watered the plants and fed them from the bucket. It started to sprinkle, so I walked home.

Chris was back with pizza. I took Brian's power supply back to him and thanked him for fixing the sprinkler. Then I opened a box of papers, expecting to find a bill, but there wasn't one. I sat down to jot some notes for my blog before watched TV. We watched two episodes of Blindspot, then Chris went to bed and I stayed up late writing my blog and reading articles.

No comments: