Monday, July 26, 2021

The end of yam

I stayed in bed late, then got up and read outside for an hour and a half sitting in the back yard. I didn't mean to. I puttered around the kitchen, and made seed crackers. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. Afterward, I took a shower and got dressed. We went out back where I laid on the lounger so Chris could take a splinter out of my foot. I watered plants, and husked the corn. I took the husks out to the compost.

I made breakfast, and William called so I ate as I spoke to him. Then Kurt called. I puttered outside. I put all remaining yam and sweet potato sprouts in a jar to take to Jenni's house. I threw out the parent yam which was shriveled up. I also packed dog poo and a gallon of aged urine in my car. I went to Jenni's house. We talked and she offered me the patio lounge chair that she got from another resident. When her husband got back, he put it in the van and brought it to my house. I gave her the sprouts and a seed cracker and some cacao nibs. I wheeled the iron lounger to the back patio, then went to the garden. I watered the plants and did some weeding. I also dug up a couple of gopher mounds and left them something they won't like. I added some horse dung to that five-gallon bucket.

I went home, and fixed supper. I read e-mail, then mowed until mower slowed down. I read about a mom who discovered that the school library books were inspiring her daughter to be rude and disrespectful. She started pre-reading the books and only let her daughter read ones of good moral values. Now her daughter helps her mother find good books and publishes a list for other parents.

Chris got the desktop computer working. We had to fiddle around with it to get it to recognize the embroidery dongle. Finally PE-Design was up and running. But it was almost 9, so I made tea and we watched 4 episodes of The Bureau of Magical Things. Then I posted to my blog, read a few more e-mails, and went to bed.

No comments: