Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Farewell luncheon

I woke up early, when the sprinklers came on. But I could only see one, in the backyard. I watered plants, then read for half an hour. I turned on the router and started reading e-mail.

Chris came home about 11:30. I put on nicer clothes. We went to the community club for a farewell dinner for the colonel. Chris introduced me to a bunch of people. Lunches were delivered in plastic to-go boxes. We sat with Johnnie and Brian and others. We started eating. After much conversation, a lady came around to pick up trash. Then the program began. Lots of people came up to say a few words and hand the colonel a memento. They said really nice things. You'd have thought he had been here for 20 years, not just 2. It lasted about an hour and a half, including two videos. Afterward, Chris introduced me to the lawyer and to the videographer.

Chris brought me home and went back to work. I jotted notes for my blog. I started deleting e-mail by sender since unread e-mails were almost to 1000. I worked outside with gopher traps, but the darned creature kept covering them with dirt. I listened to the last interviews from the dental summit. Chris came home, and said lawyer told him Army had nothing to do with the people on the cleaning list. It was purely a contract between the occupant and whoever agrees to do the cleaning.

I made and ate breakfast for supper. I went to the garden with three gallons of water. I discovered the water was back on. Yea! When I got home, I unburied the gopher traps, then made tea.

We watched two episodes of Quantum Leap. I brushed my teeth. I swished while listening to a lawyer recount the illegal patents filed by CDC and pharmaceutical companies, and the timeline showing patents were filed for treatments before the disease was identified. 73 patents were filed before 2019 on attributes of this supposedly unique virus. Ace2 receptor had dozens of patents filed before 2020.

No comments: