Saturday, July 31, 2021

The accident

Friday - I followed the usual morning routine. At noon I made breakfast and ate it while looking at e-mail. Finally we packed the cooler and went to Tooele. First we shopped at Luckey's, then the market stand, then Melanie's. Thats when I discovered that I had forgotten my ID, again. Chris went in with me to pay since I did not have my credit card either, but I paid with cash since I like the concept of Cash Friday - a way to fight back against the push to get rid of cash completely. All they had that I wanted was curry coconut milk so it didn't take much. Then we went to Macey's for the last of the groceries.

Driving back, we saw a car pull out of a parking lot ahead of us and hit a man on a bike. Chris pulled over and got out. Two ladies had arrived to see if the man was ok. Chris called 911 and waited until the police and an ambulance had arrived. The man was walking around perfectly fine. But as Chris returned to the car, I could see the paramedic wiping blood from the victim's elbow. Chris said both parties were at fault: the driver for not looking and the cyclist for going the wrong way.

We returned to base without incident. Chris gave the guard my info, but he just looked uncomfortable and waved us through. We went to the post office. I asked Chris to go in so he could talk to the lady at the desk. He came back with a package and the contents of an envelop. He had used the envelop for scratch paper to help the lady get the job she wanted.

Then we went home and put away the food. We were running out of fridge space, so I took the remaining veggies from last week and made a salad. After eating, I got out the mower and put the battery inside. It worked pretty well, if not as long as I was hoping. When the battery was discharged, I plugged it up again and put the mower away. I found my ID, in another purse, and put it back where it belongs.

I read e-mail for some time, hoping Jenni would announce water aerobics. But when that didn't happen, I finally walked to the garden. There were rain drops, but it didn't actually rain. I watered the plants at the end, and weeded. I moved a snake and scooped up another one to bring home. There were more raindrops on the way home, and I was surprised to see the front and back patios completely wet.

I made tea and we watched two more episodes of Blindspot. Then he went to bed and I stayed up too late reading articles and ordering things I kept not getting around to. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: