Wednesday, July 14, 2021

No phone service

I got to bed very late, so when morning came, I pulled the towel over my eyes and went back to sleep. I got up at 8:30. I drank water with baking soda in it. Then I made the lemon solution. I brushed my teeth and washed some of the dishes in the sink. Then I read outside for a little more than half an hour. I came in for another drink, and soaped up the big black pot in the sink. I turned on the router and started reading e-mail.

Around 11:30, I walked down to Housing. The ladies there were very attentive. Suzi gave me a scraper and would not let me pay for it. So I asked for a comment sheet so I could leave a positive review. When I got home, there was a dozen eggs at my doorstep. CJ had stopped by to deliver them and I wasn't here to pay her. I sent her an e-mail and she said Chris could pay her since she sees him at work.

I made breakfast, then remembered to water the plants. I have them in 5 places and I hit all 5 zones. I ate breakfast while reading e-mail. I placed both traps near each other, hoping the gopher would hit one. I baited the traps with peanut butter. Then I mowed until I felt raindrops. I put away the mower and came inside. (It never rained). I read e-mail and watched a video. Then the doorbell rang and it was Jenni. She came over because the phones are out. We talked for hours, and she invited me to water aerobics, which she is just starting this week at the pool.

I checked the traps: the ants found one, the other was full of dirt. I washed my hands and ate some things from the fridge to use them up. I made a big salad. Then Chris came home from work. Finally I made tea, and we watched two episodes of Quantum Leap. Chris went to bed, but I listened to podcasts, then posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: