Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Mow mow mow the lawn

I woke up early, but pulled a towel over my eyes and fell asleep again after Chris went to work. I barely heard the alarm go off at 7:30. I wondered if I could get up after working so hard yesterday, so I got up and was a little surprised. I started the lemon protocol. I read outside for half an hour. I checked the gopher trap, which was empty, then moved it.

I got a text from Johnnie asking if we would like to borrow their mower to finish the lawn. So I went over and Brian showed me how to use it. We also investigated using 30% vinegar vs steel wool for cleaning calcium off of windows.

I pushed the mower home and did the rest of the side yard, stopping to pick up stones and flatten gopher mounds. I parked it in the driveway. I went inside and read e-mail. There was a water quality report showing arsenic in the water here on post. That was interesting because my blood test came back positive for arsenic. Chris came home for lunch. He used the rolls for bread, while I started another loaf in the bread machine. He put the self-help mower in my trunk and went back to work. I watched an interview on root canals. Karen e-mailed about William being in the hospital. I passed it on to Kurt. Karen called me and we had a nice chat. I called William through the hospital, but there was no answer. I called his cell phone and talked to him for a little bit.

I drove to Self-Help and returned the lawn mower. I talked to the lady at Housing about getting in the cleaners list and she said I had to call the director. She gave me his number. I went home and listened to another dental interview. Then I called the director. He told me to leave my name and number with Housing so he can call me when he finds out how. Sigh.

I pushed Brian's mower back to his house. I made a salad and ate supper. Chris came home. I told him about the Housing response. I went to the house on the hill at 6:15. I swept and mopped floors, stopping to scrub black marks here and there. Finally there was only a little mopping left, and I was feeling nauseous, so I left Kristen to finish up. I got home just before 9. I made my tea. I got a call from Andi, who raises chickens and sells eggs. We talked about meeting on Friday. Then Chris and I watched one episode of Quantum Leap. He went to bed and I stayed up to catch up on e-mail.

* This is my shoe after the sole fell off. I finally threw them away. *

No comments: