Sunday, July 18, 2021

Bad peelings

I woke up before the sprinkers hit. I wrapped my small towel across my eyes and dozed off. Chris was already up. When I heard my alarm ring in the other room, I got up. He took a shower and went to work for some morning meeting.

I made lemon water, watered the plants, then went outside to read a book. There was exactly enough story left for the half hour. But the library is probably closed until Monday so I can't return it and get another one.

I made up two weeks worth of supplements, and ordered more. I walked to the post office to pick up a Swansons order. I made and ate breakfast. Then we packed the cooler and went to Tooele. We started at Luckeys, then went to the farm stand, where I bought corn and cherries. I got garbanzo beans at Melanies. Then we went to Macey's, followed by the $store where I looked for rubber snakes. No luck.

We went home and put the food away. I did some mowing, but didn't push the mower too hard. I hardboiled eggs, then discovered that fresh eggs peel badly. While I was checking for advice, a windstorm blew through. I listened to the day 10 sleep challenge.

When the wind died down, I went to the garden to set a trap and add dog droppings. I also weeded. When I got back, I went to give Brian the $5 I owed for the battery. He wanted to know which charger I ordered and he looked it up to see if it was the right one.

Chris steamed red beets. I boiled them, and made pickling mix. I tried to peel an egg from the fridge, but the egg still stuck to the shell. I threw the ratty thing in the pickling juice and left the rest in the fridge. I made tea and we watched two episodes of quantum leap. I looked up how to boil and peel fresh eggs, then went to bed.

No comments: