Saturday, July 10, 2021

For want of a screw

Chris got up early and went to work as usual, even though he usually doesn't have to work on Fridays. I got up near 8, made lemon water and watered the plants. I read outside until 8:30, then came inside to drink water and read until 9. Then I turned on the router and looked at e-mail. I called the Damours to tell them about William.

I listened to interviews from the dental summit, then Chris came home from work. I finished the puzzle I was piecing and got ready to go shopping.

We drove to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. I fell asleep for a short while. We stopped at the bank to deposit some checks. Then we shopped at Luckey's. Chris stayed in the car at Melanie's while I went in and picked up a few things. Then we went to Macey's. I took out my glasses to read the ingredients on a pack of cheese. The screw had fallen out. Chris tried to put it back in and it fell on the floor. We could not find it. So Chris bought a glasses repair pack. But as we took our groceries to the car, he spotted an optician place. So we went in and the lady behind the counter put the lens back in and replaced the screw so the glasses were fully restored.

Faye called on our way home. The call dropped as we went through the mountains. I called her back on the other side. Chris stopped at the post office for packages, then we went home. I hung up with Faye and brought in stuff from the car. I read articles and listened to interviews on my laptop. Chris cooked asparagus. I ate supper.

I took two gallons of water to the garden and watered my plants. It might not be enough. When I got home, I dug up a mound and put in dog droppings. Then I made tea, and we watched two episodes of Quantum Leap. Chris went to bed and I stayed up way too late reading.

* My lettuce is going to seed. *

No comments: