Thursday, July 1, 2021

Where's the beef? Here

I woke up with my headphones still on. I stayed in bed until almost 8. I expected to be sore, but was not. I brushed my teeth and watered plants. I washed dishes and got the coffee started. I sat outside with my feet in the grass and read for half an hour. It was nice to get lost in a book. I prepared for meditation morning. I saw gopher mounds and could not resist flattening them. I read the instruction on the gopher bait I scored last night (left behind by the person who moved out). It sounded so toxic I was afraid to use it. I moved the trap.

I started the CD lineup and drybrushed and exercised. The tears began to flow when I saw a pic of Dad playing his accordion. I continued on with meditation and tapping. There were more tears to come.

Finally it was time to clean and my mind stayed on that. Chris came home for lunch. No mail for me. He made a gallon of tea. I finished cleaning the bathrooms. I vaccuumed the air purifier filters, and started on the kitchen. Chris went back to work. I finished the kitchen and looked at the current e-mail, still up from last night. I used my lemon spray on the back windows and let it sit for awhile. Of course it dried too quickly. When I wiped it off, it left spots on the lower sill.

I showered and the doorbell rang. The lady selling ground beef delivered a bag of 25 one pound packages. She owns a farm and is selling off the beef because the price of hay is skyrocketing. We talked for a bit and she mentioned that she sells eggs too. And some of them are duck eggs. Yea!

I looked on my computer and online for sewing projects for this Saturday. Nothing seemed quite right. I took a pic of the dog bandana, and a potholder. I couldn't decide if the dog bandana should have the tick formula on it. I fed my home plants from the five gallon bucket. I listened to This week with Polly and Mary. William called. Chris came home from work.

I went to the garden and fed the plants from the five gallon bucket. I also pulled some weeds. When I got back, I made my evening drink and we watched two episodes of Quantum Leap. Then I posed to my blog and read more e-mail before going to bed.

No comments: