Sunday, September 12, 2021

Chatting with Myra

I got up about 9. I made lemon water, and watered all the plants and some of the grass. I listened to Polly and Mary: Officials at FDA are resigning because Biden is pushing booster shots that they have not approved. Pfizer is starting production of 2x/day pills to be taken (along with the vaccine) at the first sign of infection, even though the drug is still investigational. They are expecting the pills to be mandated. Tony Blair as part of Global Heath Security System is pushing an international vaccine certification system to replace domestic ones. Australia is testing an app that texts returning travelers at random times and gives them 15 minutes to take a pic of their face in the place where they are supposed to be quarentining. California judge dismissed jurors who were not vaccinated. Walkout Week starts next week to protest unnecessarily restrictive mandates in schools. Some US hotels are requiring proof of vaccination for staff and guests. Two military members filed a lawsuit against DOD, FDA, and HHS on behalf of 220,000 active service who are being forced to get vaccinated despite having recovered from covid. Using remdedsivir, dexamethazone, and vancomycin leads to kidney failure. Do not let hospital give palliative care if you want your loved one to live. Morphine interferes with heart and lung function. Get your loved one out of the hospital if they are treating in a manner you (or loved one) don't want. FEMA has billion dollars set aside for covid burials, but few people apply for Covid-19 Funeral Assistance. Flu shots can cause acute flaccid myelitis in children. Patient advocate told how to fight for loved one in the hospital, detailing chain of command during the day, at night, and on weekends. Patient has a right to visitors, or turn the doctor in to the medical board for abuse. Nurse says in her hospital, they have no test for the delta variant. Those patients look more like vaccine injured than covid.

I drove to the garden and picked orange tomatoes. I stopped at the post office to check the mail and ask about a package. When I got home, I made breakfast. Afterward, I made a shopping list. Chris packed the cooler and we headed to Tooele. On the way, Myra called. It was good to hear from her, but the phone lost connection in the mountain pass. I called her back on the other side.

We shopped at Luckey's, then the farm stand. I got tomatoes but the young clerk did not know if the peaches had been sprayed. Chris took me to Melanies, then Macey's. We listened to the new book on CD o n the way home. Chris stopped at the shoppette for beer. I called Faye from parking lot, and talked to her through unloading groceries and checking online. Chris made fish for me for supper. After eating, I put some cheese stick in Jenni's jar. Then I drove to her house and we went walking. I gave her jar back. We got rained on for all of 10 seconds. When I got home, I tried to mow but the grass was wet. I listened to another interview, then made a salad from tomatoes and sprouts. I heated tea, and we watched TV. Later I read e-mail before posting to my blog. Then I read a book for a bit, then turned in even though Chris was still up.

* Daily new confirmed covid deaths per 100,000 people in Israel which spikes after first booster shot. Israelis prepare for second booster shot. *

No comments: