Friday, September 3, 2021

New air filters

I got up before 8. I brushed and swished. I watered the outdoor plants. The beet leaves were laid out on the back porch. I put them in the oven and heated it for a minute for dessication purposes. I dug up some gopher mounds and reset the traps. Later, I had to dig them out again because the gophers cover them with dirt. But this time I had trouble pulled the trap out. When it finally came free, there were entrails stuck on it. I left it for Chris.

I made coffee and did the special exercises. My back was not 100% back to normal, but close enough. I washed dishes, then did my meditations. I heated the oven again, but this time forgot to turn it off after a minute. When I noticed something burning, I had to open all the windows and change the filter on the Air Doctor.

Chris came home for lunch and cleaned out the trap for me. I put a new nose piece in his facemask. He brought me a package from the post office. I started a loaf of bread on the dough setting, and later on the regular setting. When I finished with the kitchen, I got on my laptop to see when the air filters were changed last. There was no record in my blog of them having been changed since we moved here. So I changed them both.

I vaccuumed the living room and hallway and master bedroom. I used the hose in the bathroom. But the beater bar was still running and got caught in the throw rug which stretched the belt. I took a shower while the Hoover cooled down. I read e-mail then checked the other trap. There was a gopher in it. I left it in the hole. I found another mound to set the traps in or near. I called Keith Cook and had a nice chat with the two of them who were on a trip out west.

Jenni called to ask if I could meet her at the pool at 5 instead of 7:30. I placed a Swansons order, then put on my bathing suit and took a timer with me. She and I got there at the same time. I put down my stuff and set the timer for 30 minutes. Usually we just stay until the lifeguards close the pool. She and I exercised for awhile, then Heather arrived. We exercised and swam, but mostly talked. When I checked, the timer hadn't started and it was 6pm. I toweled off and went home.

I changed into regular clothes and went to the garden. I mixed fertilizer into the water in the 5 gallon bucket. I poured that on my plants. I noted that the tomatoes are turning orange, and the biggest pepper plant has two tiny peppers on it. After pulling weeds, I went home.

I started listening to episode 3 of Covid Secrets. Then I paused it to make tea. We watched two episodes of Dr. Blake Mysteries. When Taps played at 10, I picked up my trombone and played along. After TV, I finished episode 3, and posted to my blog. I read a few pages of a book and went to bed.

No comments: