Thursday, September 2, 2021

Fermentation

I got up about 8, thinking it was earlier and Chris hadn't gone to work yet. When I came in the kitchen, the jar of zucchini kimchi that I started last night, was fermented and pushing the liquid out of the jar. Chris had put a bowl under it to catch the liquid. Since there wasn't room in the fridge, I left it on the counter. I brushed and swished, then got dressed and read outside. Then I watered the outdoor plants and reset the gopher traps in the back yard.

I read e-mail until breakfast time. I made breakfast as Chris came home for lunch. I told him about the water on the sidewalk near a sprinkler. I was reading e-mail when Saronna texted me that her daughter came home sick from school so our playdate was canceled. Very sad. I listened to military people talk about Afghanistan, saying it was the worst possible outcome and why did the military leaders not stand up against such a bad plan.

I readied some checks to go in the mail. I walked to the library, dropping the envelopes at the post office along the way. I turned in a book and DVD set. I talked to Melissa and she introduced me to the new librarian. I checked out a book and walked home.

I read e-mail, then had something for supper. I went to the garden to give extra water to some plants. I saw Jenni walking and went to join her. We walked around the block and had a nice chat in front of her house. Then I walked back to my car and drove home.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of Dr Blake Mysteries. I stayed up to watch episode two of Covid Secrets. At midnight, I paused it to resume in the morning. I read from a book, then did a little yoga and went to bed.

No comments: