Saturday, September 25, 2021

Dugway Fest

Thursday: I got up about 8. I made lemon water and drank it at intervals. I turned on the router and checked e-mail. I read that 20% of people who are vaccinated and then get covid, will end up with long-haul covid. Around 11 I went to the garden to remove the sheets and pick ripening cherry tomatoes. I also watered, even though the water should have run recently.

Chris came home for lunch while I was making breakfast. I watched The Highwire: he interviewed firefighters in NY who don't want to be fired for not getting the shot. There was no working from home for them in 2020, but now they will lose their jobs if they don't get vaccinated. A few years ago, Peter Daszak applied to DARPA for funding research into infecting bats with coronavirus, but DARPA turned him down because the proposal did not include a risk mitigation plan for GoF research. Cancer doctors are seeing their patients come out of remission after getting jabbed. Mrna is downregulating TLRs (toll-like recpetors) which keep latent viruses under control. Some people are getting shingles after the shot.

I whipped up a batch of cheese sticks. I was reading e-mail when William called. As I was talking to him, Jenni texted me from Dugway Fest. I replied that I was waiting for Chris. But then I got a text from Chris, also at Dugway fest as one of the Iron Chef judges. So I drove over there, sporting a bad attitude because I could have been there earlier had I known he was going without me.

Since he was busy, I talked to other people, like Johnnie who invited me over to look through her quilt books tomorrow. I also sat with Jenni and Heather for a bit, then moved to Saronna's table. Chris brought me small portions of the food he was judging. My bad attitude dissipated. After the judging, Chris announced the results and CSM handed out prizes. Then Chris and I got in my car and went up the hill to the Colonel's house.

At the commander's house, he was serving pizza and salad. I got one slice of the vegetarian pizza. I sat at the table beside Eileen and we chatted. But then she leftt and I just listened to important men talk for over an hour. The colonel said that Dugway is the future of the army. I wasn't sure what that meant, but being secluded in the desert 100 miles from the nearest town is not a future I would wish on others. When we said our goodbyes and got to my car, Chris found a bag of dog poo that Eileen graciously left for me. He put it in the trunk and we went home.

We watched one episode of Dr. Blake and I dozed off. Then we went to bed, and no blogposting happened.

No comments: