Saturday, September 18, 2021

The haircut

Friday:I got up about 8:30, hearing Chris talk to someone about a man who died unexpectedly on post last night. I made a quart of lemon water. Chris went to the office. I read e-mail all morning while drinking the quart of lemon water. Then I watered the plants. At 11 I drove to the swap shop. I picked up the mail. I did not see Diane so I went home. I found my phone and it had messages from her. I called her and we figured out what happened.

I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home, ate pizza and packed the cooler. We headed for Tooele. I called Great Clips to get on the waiting list, but the lady said I had to check in online. I figured she didn't know how. So when we got to Tooele, I called again, but got the same answer. We shopped at Luckey's, then went to the farmer's market where I got a watermelon. Then, while I went to Melanie's, Chris used his phone to get on the Great Clips website and enter my name. When we got to Macey's, I got a text about a 15 minute wait time. We shopped, then I walked over to the salon and waited for my turn. I asked the man about the no-call policy and he said it came from corporate headquarters. I made a note to let them know how I felt about it. Then the lady called me back and cut my hair. I paid and found Chris in the parking lot. We headed back to Dugway, listening to our new book on CD.

After supper, I walked to the garden, where I met Jenni. We walked around the block. Then I got some cucumbers and salad greens from her garden, and cherry tomatoes from mine. She gave me a ride home. I found Chris had cooked mushrooms for me, so I ate some and put the rest away. Then I listened to something online. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Person of Interest.

I brushed my teeth and posted to my blog, then read and went to bed.

No comments: