Saturday, September 4, 2021

The first call

I got up before 8. I brushed my teeth and went outside to read for a bit. Then I checked the gopher traps and watered the outdoor plants. I lit the end of a wooden skewer and poked holes in the cap of a milk jug. I used it to sprinkle water where I planted collard seeds. I sifted through the carrot tops, tying them in bunches and hanging them on the fence to dry.

I turned on the router and checked e-mail. I read about a lady who owns three rental houses. But since none of them are paying rent, she is now homeless. Corbett talked about an article saying Switzerland intelligence warns of terror attacks on vaccine sites. Buried in the article is the claim that they have no tangible indications of planned attacks.

About 11:30, I got a call from a lady who wanted a quote for cleaning her house because they were moving out. I went over and found her husband packing the car and trailer. She showed me around and I quoted her $300. We had to go to Housing to get the contract and make an appt for 1. I went home and made and ate breakfast. I talked to Rusty. I drove back to her house. The housing people were there. We walked around together, and they told me why they hadn't approved the house as clean. We signed a cleaning contract. Then we all went back to Housing. The lady gave me $400. Her husband turned in the keys and Housing signed out one to me. I thanked the woman and wished her a good trip.

When I got home, I started listening to The Highwire. William called. I talked to him for awhile. Afterward I called Diane to ask her to help me clean, but she wasn't feeling well after her first vaccination. So I called Jamie. She was happy to help and we set a time on Saturday. I went back to The Highwire. Then Jenni called. She was canning beets. We decided to walk at 5.

I went back to The Highwire. It started raining little pellets and water. I forgot that my car windows were down. By 5, the storm was over. I went out to my car with a towel to cover the wet seat. I drove over to Jenni's house, but she wasn't there. I went home. I tried to listen to The Highwire but for some reason there was no sound. Refreshing did not help, nor did using another browser. Chris came home from work to say he was going to Mass. I looked online for project ideas for Saturday.

Jenni walked over with a sample project. We talked in my livingroom until Chris came home with pizza. I gave her my puzzlekeeper. She gave me some of the beets she canned. I drove her home, and came back. I soaked up some of the water in my car. I listened to episode 4 of Covid Secrets. Breastfeeding mother took the vaccine and her baby developed clotting and died. Doctor saw her older patients who got flu vaccines decrease in mental acuity. Covid risks have been overemphasized and treatments are underemphasized.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of Dr. Blake. I stopped at 10 to play Taps with the loud speaker system. That inspired a conversation, and then we finished the second episode. I finished episode 4, and then posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: