Thursday, September 9, 2021

One down

I got up around 7:30, but did not hear the alarm. I found my phone in my car, which explains that. It was 50 degrees outside, so I did not go out to water the plants. I could see that the morning sprinklers had been on. I cleared some space on the countertop. While putting a jar away, I stepped on a goat's head thorn and dropped the jar. Amazingly, it bounced on the tile floor but did not break.

I turned on the CD lineup, made coffee and did lymph-moving exercises. After meditation morning, I put the oven racks in the tub with dryer sheets and ammonia, covered in hot water. I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen, spraying some areas to soak. Chris came home from work, ate his sandwich, then called his dad to wish him a happy birthday. I finished cleaning the kitchen. I sprayed the sink, and cleaned up other sprayed areas (like kimchi stains). I got the grunge off the master bathroom sink with a scraper. I don't know what it was and I couldn't see it, but I could feel it on the surface. I scrubbed the oven racks. Still not shiny, so I soaked them again.

I took a shower, then put the bathroom rugs in the washer. I read the list of things that the inspection team will check for. It included washing the outdoor trash cans, which were currently full. I called Jamie and she assured me it would be picked up tomorrow and the inspection team would not care if they weren't washed out. I watered the plants and some bare spots in the lawn. I walked to the garden, fertilized it, and came back. One sweet potato looks bad, maybe victim of a gopher attack.

I watched Episode 10 of Covid Secrets, all about what jabbed people can do to get their health back. There were bonus interviews which I tried to watch as much as time allowed. Chris told me he bought shredded cheese for making cheese sticks. So I whipped up a batch using all the cheese he bought (parmesan, mozzerella and cheddar). I could not find the recipe so I made it from memory. It was three batches worth. It was better than last time. I had to ask Chris to put it away before I ate it all. Then I made tea, and we watched two episodes. I brushed my teeth. I finished an audio and puzzles. Then I wrote a blog post. I read from a book and went to bed.

No comments: