Sunday, May 1, 2022

Trying LAB on the lawn and flower beds

Saturday

I got up about 8, not having slept well because my gut was somewhat uncomfortable all night. I went to check on the worms. There was a moth in there so I got Chris to go after it (because he can reach it when it goes up to the ceiling). But when he got there, it was gone. I found it later in the hallway and he struck it down.

I checked e-mail. Tanja wanted to open the swap shop so I drove down there to unlock it while Chris took a shower. I came back from the post office with a package of bone broth. Chris had the cooler packed. We went to Tooele. On the way, we finished the previous book on CD and started a new one by Nicholas Sparks. It did not have the gore of the previous book.

We shopped at Luckey's. Using our own bags slowed down the process. Then I went to Melanie's for a few things. I got coconut from their bulk section and it would not flow so I didn't get very much. I wore a plastic glove to dispense it because I cut my finger on Chris' door handle and the glove kept the blood inside.

Then I went to Joanns for Jenni. I picked out what I thought she wanted. I found some fabric I liked on the sale pile. It took the cutter a long time to cut the fabric and the burlap. Then there was a long line for checkout and only one lady. I walked back to the car with my purchase. We then went to Macey's for a few last things before heading home.

I was nearly asleep when we got back to the house. We brought in the groceries and I laid down for a few minutes. Then I made breakfast and ate it while reading e-mail. I sat out in the sun for awhile, not even reading. I sent Jenni a text asking when she wanted to walk. I walked to the swap shop to chat with Tonja and then lock up. I spiked 5 gallons of water with LAB and poured them on the flower beds and the lawn.

I trimmed Chris' hair. It didn't turn out so well despite my best efforts and I ruminated on how it was a good thing I liked him. Think how it would have turned out if I didn't!

I drove to the ACS parking lot to pick up a plant pot that someone left by the dumpster. It was a whole lot bigger than it looked, plenty big enough for the 22” pot of dirt that Brian left behind. I barely got it in my trunk. When I got home, Chris took it out. He pulled out the dead plant inside, proclaiming it not mostly dead, but totally dead. Then we dug a lot of the dirt out so we could put Brian's plants inside. His ball of dirt has what appears to be a climatis and a dianthus. I watered it with two+ gallons of water.

I dug up some gopher mounds in the front yard and redistributed the dirt. I wondered if they would like LAB. I read e-mail. I jotted notes and posted to my blog. I made tea and we watched three episodes of Gomer Pyle. I listened to some videos then went to bed.

* This is a chart of blood glucose levels after eating pasta. *

No comments: