Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Baiting gophers

Monday

I slept rather well. I got up when Reveille played because I heard my 7:30 alarm go off at the same time. I guess they are still working on the system. I watered the plants and worms. I killed one moth but struck out on two. I read e-mail and Telegram messages. I watched some short interviews. I worked on cleaning parts and reassembling the trombone valve. A man came by to bait the gophers.

I made the dry part of my breakfast, then went to meet CJ. I dropped a card in the mail on the way. We met at her boss' house. She showed me how she baits gopher tunnels with poison and he showed us all the pictures that he's drawn. He is very good and obviously into the fantasy genre. Then I followed CJ to her office to get two dozen eggs.

From there I went home. Chris was there on the phone. I finished making breakfast and listened to an interview on high tech food: all the things they can do to it and all the things it can do to those who eat it. Chris went back to work.

After the interview, I finished assembling the valve and re-strung it, watching several videos to get it right. I played the horn and it seemed to be back to normal. The video said to re-string every six months, but my trombone is 40 years old and I have never done it before.

Then I went to the school carnival to help out. I could not find it, so I came home and texted Jenni. She said it was over already. I read e-mail until it was time to walk. We walked around the block, stopping several times to talk to people who drove by. We talked about possible community activities.

Then I went to the library to get a new book on CD because the current one is almost done. When I got home, I continued listening to an interview. Chris came home and cooked ground beef. I ate supper.

I repotted 6 petunias, and put vegetable seedlings out to harden. I went to the garden and scatter tomato seed from last year. I checked the irrigation lines and buried 3 drip lines. I went to the gas station to fill up, then returned home. I posted to my blog and made tea. We watched 4 episodes of Cheers. I did not hear Taps played at 10. Later Chris went to bed, and even later, I went to bed.

No comments: