Thursday, May 19, 2022

Clearly, I didn't think it through

Wednesday

I prepared for coffee morning with coffee, supplements and exercises. During a 10 minute lull, I went outside to fill a 5 gallon bucket with water. However, on a whim I directed the hose at a gopher hole near my feet. Up popped a gopher in a hole a foot away. I put the bucket over him and he reappeared in the hole I was watering. I caught him in the bucket, then realized I had no plan. I couldn't fill the bucket with water or he would drown. And I refused to let him go. He was wet and shivering. I called Chris' office, but he wasn't there. I told his secretary and she sent people who came and took it away. They brought my bucket back empty. I did not ask what happened to it. I filled the bucket with water. I filled in the holes with cracked eggs and dirt. Then I finished coffee morning.

I cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms. I read outside in a bathing suit. I found a dessicated gopher next to the house, and a drowned one in the fermentation bucket. Then I showered and dressed. I did some vacuuming. At 3:30 I went to the gym. I don't know why they wanted to walk inside rather than outside. I joined Diane and Michelle in walking the track. Jenni came later and finished early. She and Diane left and I continued to walk with Michelle.

On my way home, I stopped by SelfHelp for 3 bags of softner salt. The man loaded them in my trunk. Then I went to the garden. Immediately I felt like my head was covered in tiny bugs. I dug in the wood chips to pour spiked water on the soil and then bury the irrigation lines in wood chips. I only did two lines. I turned on the water and discovered a leak. I tried to fix it, but clearly did not understand how it work. I packed up and went home.

I called Consumer Cellular about the fact that when I check my voice messages, I have to dial in 3 or 4 times because it won't accept my passwork. She said it was because I had a 3G phone. But just in case, she reset my account. I shut down my phone, then restarted it. I dialed in and it still told me my password was incorrect. After 4 tries, I was able to get in. Sigh. I mowed dandelions with the weedwhacker attachment on the mower. It took a loooooong time because the string was so short. But I don't think they'll be back right away. The lawn looked like a dandelion massacre.

Chris came home from chapel while I was putting up the mower. He ate his supper and I wrote a blog post, then deleted e-mail. I made tea and we watched 4 episodes of Cheers. Then he went to bed and I stayed up trying to catch up on e-mail.

* I put a cabbage heart in a saucer of water and it bloomed! *

No comments: