Saturday, May 21, 2022

Best trip to the dentist

Friday

I used my headphones to go to sleep. Chris got up early but I slept through it. I woke up around 7. He took a shower and headed out. I got up to water everything. Then I worked on the CSM's skirt. I finished the seams and hems, then did some pressing. She knows it will need professional pressing.

About 9:30 I remembered that there is a garden event at 10. So I got dressed. I was a little late, but Diane was just arriving as I got there. It seemed a lot colder and windier there. Mindy suggested raking, so I did. But soon I had to go home and get a heavier coat, scarf and gloves. Then I was fine. But Diane got cold and had to leave. So it was just Mindy and I. Her husband got a mower from SelfHelp to mow one garden and pathways between gardens. By 11:30 we were tired. Besides, the next step, laying down cardboard and wood chips, needed more people.

I was home by noon. I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home, packed the cooler. I changed my clothes and we left for Tooele. Mindy had said it was snowing in Tooele, but it had stopped by the time we got there. After listening to the book on CD for 50 minutes, he dropped me off at the dentist office. They took x-rays, cleaned my teeth, measured the gum pockets. I waited then for the dentist. He checked my teeth and gave me a good report. I checked out and left the office.

Chris was waiting for me, having shopped at Luckey's and Macey's. We went to Melanie's. He sat in the car while I shopped and chatted. The clerk told me she used peppermint oil on a cottonball to keep the gophers out of her tomatoes.

Then we went to Cal Ranch. I wanted to buy wall'o'waters, which surround small tomato plants and protect them from frost. But I didn't find any. I DID find a birthday card for Michele. Then we listened to the CD on the way home. One chapter talked about Pol Pot and his trying to remake society as he thought it should be. It was a brutal regime and obviously didn't work. Is that what the WEF is doing now?

When we got back to base, we stopped at the post office. I headed in for mail, but had to stop and remove several dozen goat head thorns from each shoe. I went in to find only one piece of mail, probably a missive for money. Then we went home, unloaded the groceries, and put them away. I texted my friends to see if they wanted to go walking, but no.

Chris cooked me some fish. I tried to catch up on e-mail. I ate supper. We had a discussion about going to the zoo tomorrow. He wanted me to go with him, early. I didn't think it was worth getting up early. I did some tapping. I made tea. We talked some more. Then we watched Cheers. He went right to bed. I stayed up to watch videos on how to fix a trombone trigger valve.

No comments: