Friday, May 27, 2022

Opening Day at the Pool

Thursday

The ringing in my ears was really loud, both when I went to bed and when I got up. I realized later that I had left the salt lamp on which was just on the other side of the wall from the head of our bed. Also, my right hand was really sore and I resolved to use it less. Ha!

I watered the plants and worms. I mended a pile of clothes Chris left on my sewing table. One shirt I could find nothing wrong, but one pair of jeans needed so many patches that I concluded it had reached the end of its life. I mended all the socks.

I read outside with my feet in the grass. I cleaned up the front porch, and raised plants out of the way of land-bound critters. I found the water splitter and put it in the car. I listened to an interview: What's not in VAERS is the number of traffic accidents due to medical events (highest in 16 years). Monkey pox spreads from sores, so not from asymptomatic people. Tincture of pitcher plant is supposed to help.

Chris came home and changed clothes. I made breakfast and listened to The Highwire. Chris went to the pool, then hours later, came back with pizza and ate two pieces, before going back to the pool.

I made cheese with the remaining jar of milk, but the curds sank. I looked it up, then strained it painstakingly and came up with a nice ball of cheese. Before curdling it, I added some of it to the whey ferments. What I learned: have a clean bowl to rest utensils in, use the freshest milk, heat it very slowly, uses both sprouters and the small tea sieve, large pot and thermometer, temp MUST be 180!

I went to the gym and talked to the staff until Diane showed up. We went walking on the indoor track because it was so hot outside. Then Michelle joined us for awhile. When Diane had to go back to work, we all left. Michelle and I walked to the chapel. I asked the assistant if Saronna and I could play for the service. He was highly in favor of it. I picked a weed that looked like wild lettuce growing beside the sanctuary. I nibbled it to see if it was edible.

Then we went back to the gym. I went home to get some sweet potato sprouts. Chris stopped in to change clothes. He said the weed was wild lettuce. I went to the library to get another season of Cheers, but it was closed. I went to the gym (home of the pool). Melissa (from the library) was there handing out books. She said she'd get DVD's to me. I gave the sprouts to Anthony. I talked to Meredith about helping me clean house on Saturday. Then I sat and chatted with Diane and Michelle. It was after 6 when we left. The DVD was waiting on the porch. I read e-mail and ate supper. A little after 7, I went to the garden. Diane was there. I planted peas and something else. Michelle and Casey came. I talked with Michelle about ideas for Chris' birthday, then went home.

I made tea and we watched Gomer Pyle. We talked about what Chris wants for his birthday, then went to bed early. Later I got up and turned everything off, and went back to bed.

No comments: