Monday, May 30, 2022

Help with housecleaning and outdoor chores

Saturday

I woke up in the middle of the night hearing the wind howl and worrying about the outdoor plants. It was depressing so we stayed in bed until 8:30. I took some probiotics, then watered the plants and worms. I washed two bowls for tomorrow. I dressed and went to the post office to collect a package. There was a sign about the floor being flooded. I walked around back, spit out the toothpaste I was swishing, and went in the rear door. I walked to the desk and the clerk gave me a package. I looked at the front floor and did not see water except for a puddle. So I took the package out the front to where my car was. When I got home, I told Chris about the sign and he wanted to know why I didn't tell him about it last night when we stopped at the post office.

Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. I took a shower after he did, then made and ate breakfast. I threw some cleaning supplies into my car and went to the house on first street. Meredith was just walking up as I unlocked the door. We discovered that only one bed had been slept in and the sheets were in the washer. I went to get the laundry soap and the bottle was empty. Apparently it had leaked all over the floor then dried up. Maybe a milk jug just isn't tough enough for the job. Once the sheets were in the process of washing, I started in the kitchen and she started in the back bathroom. An hour and a half later, I was still in the kitchen and she had mostly finished the rest of the house. The washer finished and I put the sheets in the dryer. We found clean sheets for the unmade bed and fixed it up. Then we finished the house, and folded the newly dried sheets.

Then we went to my house. She helped me build the tower garden and fill it with dirt. Then she used the weedeater until 5 while I picked up stones left behind by gophers. I paid her for 4 hours and drove her to the gym to meet her mom. I went home. I had a bite to eat for supper and read e-mail. I used the weedeater on some dandelion stems, then put it away. I went to the chapel to let Saronna bring Jonah (her string bass) in for Sunday morning. We spent an hour talking so it was after 8 till I got home

I sat down to write my blog post. I made tea and we watched four episodes of Gomer Pyle. I read e-mail for awhile, then put away my laundry and helped Chris put clean sheets on the bed. Then we both retired for the evening.

No comments: