Sunday, May 22, 2022

The Zoo

Saturday

I woke up at 7. Chris was still sleeping. I got up to water the plants and worms. It was cold outside. We had a discussion. He made coffee while I packed myself a lunch.

It was after 8 when we left for the zoo in Salt Lake City, and almost 10 when we arrived. We greeted people from Dugway and other places that set up booths under the pavillion. It was cold in the shade. All organizations were giving stuff away. One was a pharma company offering junk food. Uh huh.

We spent hours wandering from one habitat to another, see land and sea creatures. The air fowl all seemed to be down with avian flu. I was disappointed that there were no velociraptors. AND, I wanted to ride in a bubble car. If you watched Jurassic Park III, you know of what I speak.

After taking lots of pics, we went back to the pavillion to say goodbye. Several of our friends had just shown up. I saw Jenni coming in the front gate, having trouble with her ticket. She had a veggie platter and wanted us to sit and eat lunch with her. But I had brought a snack and eaten most of it.

Chris got the name of a music store in town and I called it to see if they had trombone valve parts. They did not. We went home by way of Tooele for groceries I forgot to put on the list yesterday. We listened to the book on CD going back to the base. We stopped at the post office, but there was nothing to write home about.

I snacked, and read e-mail. I checked the fermenting peels outside. I scooped them out and put them in the compost pile. I disassembled the valve of my trombone. It had a buildup of minerals so I soaked it in vinegar. Not surprising after 40 years. I watched videos of how to take it apart and put it back together, plus how to restring it. Chris thought I should take it to an expert in SLC.

Chris cooked steak. I ate part of it and read more e-mail. I watched news videos. I checked out the dimensions of wall o water to see if I could make one. But it seemed just as cheap to by it as to make it out of a shower curtain.

I downloaded dozens of photos and cropped them. I posted to my blog and made tea and we watched episodes of Cheers. We stayed up on our laptops. I was the first to shut down, but he got to bed before I finished my bedtime routine.

No comments: