Wednesday, May 18, 2022

The Townhall

Tuesday

I watered the plants and worms. I noticed some seeds have sprouted. I worked on the CSM's skirt, ripping out stitches and basting new side seams. I texted her, and she came over right away. She tried on the skirt and we talked about the fit. We continued talking after the fitting. When she left, I whipped up cheese sticks (with mustard flavor), seed crackers, and banana oatmeal cookies.

I took stuff out to the compost pile and turned it over. When I came in, Chris was in the kitchen. I was surprised because I thought it was a lot earlier. I made and ate breakfast. I read some e-mail and listened to short audios. I went to Saronna's house to play. We did a lot of chatting first. Then we played stuff from several books. Wyatt never showed up.

I packed up and went to the gym. I walked the track with Diane for half an hour or more. We had fun conversations. Then I went to the garden. I tacked down the irrigation system. I covered the fermenting grass. I pulled weeds. I placed a leaky water jug by the kale plant.

I went home. I put batteries in the irrigation timer and programmed it. I put it in my car for later. I drove to the library. I turned in Cheers and Carol Burnett. I checked out the next season of Cheers and Gomer Pyle. Then I conversed with Melissa for awhile.

I went home to have a bite to eat. Chris had the same idea. I also changed my clothes and collected more cheese curds from the LAB. I put some in a container for Ravanna. I grabbed some seeds for Diane.

Then we went to the headquarters building for the townhall. I chatted with people in the audience while Chris sat up front with the commander and the CSM. The town hall went well. Everything that was said reinforced the idea that the command team is doing all they can to make this a better place to live. The commissary talked about how they were fighting supply chain issues. There was more chatting afterward. I gave the seed packets to Diane. The commander put stuff for the swap shop by our car. Then I waited while Chris chatted with another lady. I waited again while he e-mailed something from his office. Then we went home.

I had another bite to eat, we watched the sprinklers come on for the first time, then worked on my blog. It was almost 9. I also replied to Dzynetech who wants me to resume cleaning their house and apartment in June.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of Gomer Pyle. Soon Chris went to bed, and though I stayed up a little later, I went there too.

No comments: